Hearts of Courage
200hr Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)
Yoga Teacher Training led, hosted & created by Maura Rath and the founder of ‘’Repose Yoga’’ Suzanne O’Sullivan.
Maura Rath & Suzanne O’Sullivan have teamed up to bring this special course and to share their unique skills with aspiring yoga teachers. This course will not only teach you how to teach yoga with skill and confidence, but also offer you other life-long skills, a supportive community and inspire you to find your unique voice as a yoga teacher.
Blending both their unique teaching skills and combined yoga experiences of 18 years, lead teachers Suzanne & Maura share the same philosophy that yoga should be fun and for everyone.
This unique training was designed to impart their wide range of knowledge & tools to help new teachers. Students will complete this course having the courage to teach yoga, sequence their own yoga classes for all levels, give safe & powerful adjustments, and be excited to step into the world as a yoga teacher.
- Framing up your practice: Introduction to Vinyasa & Katonah Yoga, Restorative & Yin Yoga.
- What is Yoga? History & Roots of Yoga, Yoga Sutras, Eight Limbs of Yoga.
- Starting with the foundation first, Maura & Suzanne will help you refine your skills & practice. You will build a deeper understanding of yoga and grow in a safe and fun way to teach and practice.
- Safe alignment is key. You will learn how to have an injury-free practice and offer this to others. Learn to give hands-on adjustments. Learn to see and understand your body and students’ bodies in asanas (poses).
- Pranayama, Meditation, Yoga Nidra: Learn the practice and how to teach them.
- Physiology, Sublet Body, Anatomy, Chakras & the Meridians.
- Chinese Medicine & The Five Elements Theory. Learn seasonal practices and the flow of yin & yang.
- Along with your 200 hours of yoga teacher training, you will be provided with a teacher training manual created by Maura and Suzanne.
- Learn how to manage in-person and virtual yoga classes along with using your voice.
- Understand how to put it all together: yoga sequencing, including how to sequence classes for beginners and mixed levels.
- Your life as a yoga teacher: vision, goals and balance.
- Learn about building a wellness business along with how to manage your business & social media. Working for yourself is all about passion and keeping that passion moving forward.
- To stay focused and passionate, you need to stay motivated, not overworked and burn out. Maura & Suzanne will teach you about creating healthy business habits and good boundaries.
- Hours worked with Suzanne can be put towards getting a further certification of being a Katonah Yoga Teacher.
Dates & Duration
This 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course will take place over 5 months (see dates below) and includes a bespoke teacher training manual created by Maura & Suzanne specifically for this unique course.
2024 dates now live!
Contact hours: (both online & in-person) 180 hours over 23 days
Self-study: 20 hours
Online spread over shorter blocks
In-studio Dun Laoghaire
- Block 1 – Feb10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th
- Block 2 – March2nd, 3rd, 18th, 9th, 10th, 23rd, 24th
- Block 3 – April6, 7, & 13,14, & 20, 21
- Block 4 – May11, 12, & 18, 19 & 25
- Block 5 – June8,9
Teaching Training Times – 10am-6pm
(Spaces are limited 2023 sold out quickly)
Early bird price*
*This is due in full: Due Sep 30th 2023
A non-refundable deposit of €500 is required to secure your spot.
Online - Irish times
Online - 2024 dates
(Weekends shown in bold)
Midweek: 6pm-9pm | Tues & Wed
Block 1 – Feb : 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28
Block 2 – Mar: 2, 3, 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 23, 24, 26, 27
Block 3 – April 2, 3, 6, 7 ,9, 10, 16, 17, 21, 23, 24,
Block 4 – May: 7, 8, 14, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22
Block 5 – June: 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 18, 19
Early bird price*
*This is due in full: Due Nov 30th 2023
A non-refundable deposit of €200 is required to secure your spot.